6 Day Leadership Conference Transforming Youth into Advocacy Leaders
At our Youth Leadership Conference, youth are introduced to the building blocks of leadership through workshops on public speaking, goal setting, assertiveness, advocacy, self-esteem, and higher education.
Are you a 8th-12th Grade Student on the Central Coast?
3 Steps to FLA Success
1. Apply to Attend Our Youth Leadership Conference (YLC)
2. Attend YLC & Return As A Leader
3. Be a Changemaker & Apply What You Learn
Students will learn how to set roadmaps, goals & techniques to stay motivated.
Through cultural activities, students will learn their unique traits that connect and set us apart from others in our community as a form of empowerment.
Students will gain skills about how to raise their voice in their personal lives, local government, and country.
Students will enhance their confidence, worth, & identity.
Students will practice self expression for a chance to win a scholarship.
Students will learn about the A-G process, FAFSA, and more.
Session 1: July 11-16 2022
For Santa Maria & South Oxnard Youth
Session 2: August 1-6 2022
For Santa Barbara & Oxnard Youth
Application Deadline: May 28, 2022 at 5:00pm
- Complete an FLA Youth Leadership Conference application
- No prior experience needed, but must demonstrate a commitment to leadership and personal success.
- Have a grade point average of approximately 2.8 in your school coursework- reach out if not the case but still interested.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or trusted adult
- Applications are due no later than May 12th, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Explore Our Programs
Future Leaders of America Master Achievers (FLAMA)
A youth-led space that engages young people with leadership, advocacy and educational opportunities. The groups meet on a bi-weekly basis in Port Hueneme, Oxnard, Carpintera, Santa Barbara, and Santa Maria.
Inspiring youth to enter higher education through exploring different college campuses, learning about admissions requirements, financial aid, student life, and career opportunities.
Family Leadership Conference
A 3-day weekend experience- bridging Latinx families to higher education. Highlighting the importance of higher education, being an advocate for youth and building positive family communication.